Steps to success:
For one of my tasks that i said that i would complete was to study about for hours a day for two days for my Anatomy test that i had last Friday. I completed this task but in the end it didn't go to well. I had my test a 8 o'clock that morning and when i woke up i felt horrible. I threw up twice that morning before i left and i just felt like shit during the test. And i'm sure we all can guess how that turned out.
But for the second task i said i would complete was to find places that i could intern at to be a nurse. I talked to the manager of this nursing home in Lake Bluff to see if i could get a internship there for the summer and i think there is a very good possibility that this will turn out well. The lady really seemed to like me and is looking forward to talking to me again. I want to do two different internships because im not sure if i want to be a nurse working in a nursing home or if i want to be a nurse working in a hospital at a faster pace environment. This would be a good place for me to get an intern at because it close to my house and if i still wanted to do summer school and the internship i could.
Interview #6
1). What University did you receive your forensic science degree at?
A: I received a master’s degree in forensic science from the University of Illinois at Chicago
2). How long did you have to go to school to become a forensic scientist?
A: The program was about 1.5 to 2 years.
3). How did begin your forensic science career?
A: I became interested in forensic science during my freshman year of undergrad. I liked the idea of being presented with a scientific problem and then working to solve it. At one point or another growing up, many people aspire to be able to make a difference or help out others.I saw forensic science as a way to make an impact. At the time I received my bachelor’s degree, there wasn’t a lot of information on forensics other than TV shows such as CSI.I decided to get my master’s degree in forensic science in order to learn more about the field.
4). How long have you been a Forensic Scientist?
A: I have been a Forensic Scientist for 5 years.
5). What skills are most important to forensics?
A: I think the skills of keeping an open mind and being impartial are very important. When looking at evidence, you don’t want anyone or anything to cause you to misrepresent the evidence or even slant your opinion.The majority of Forensic Scientists are employed by police agencies. This creates the image of being impartial or favoring one side over the other.The Forensic Scientist needs to remember that even though a police agency is signing their paycheck, they can’t influence the results.The results and your opinions given on the evidence can ultimately affect someone’s life.
6). What is the most common misconception about forensic science?
A: There are many misconceptions about forensic science.It is very hard to just pick one because they are so many. I feel most of the misconceptions originate from TV. I don’t if it is the most common misconception, but it is the most common statement I get from people unfamiliar with forensic science is “so you are just like the people on CSI.” Many people feel that a single criminalist or Forensic Scientist will perform every task from photographing the scene, collecting evidence, interviewing witnesses, arresting suspects, testing DNA, performing toxicology tests, performing an autopsy, and collecting fingerprints.In reality, Forensic Scientists spend a lot of time in the lab, in the courtroom, and writing reports. We are not out chasing suspects across busy street with high heels on.Many of the characters in the TV show CSI portray what in real life would be the jobs of multiply people as one job done by one person.
7). What's most satisfying about forensics work?
A: It feels good when you hear either from a Detective, Attorney or even on the news that what you did helped to make a difference whether that be that you freed someone that was falsely accused or helped put someone behind bars that broke the law.
8). What's most challenging about being a forensic scientist?
A: It is hard to only hear about bad things happening in the community. Each case that a Forensic Scientist works is the result of someone harming someone else or breaking a law. We never hear about someone helping another person out. It is hard to not let that affect how you view others or even how you view the community you live in.
9). How do you handle the stress?
A: I try to leave work at work meaning I try not to think about work when I get home.I try to participate in other activities outside of work, such as running, to help alleviate any pressures due to stress.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment